20 Questions With The Musgraves (Part 2)
We Continue our “20 Questions” interviews of The Musgraves with the second installment featuring Matt Foundling, the band’s piano/organ player. Check out his round of questions below.
20 Questions For Musgraves: Matt (Foundling)
1. Describe yourself in three words.
Boogie Woogie King
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What is your biggest fear?
Drowning in curry
4. What are your pet peeves?
5. If you could go anywhere in the US, where would it be?
6. Do you have any hidden talents?
I can touch my nose with my tongue
7. What are your personal musical
influences? Ray Charles, BB King, Oscar Peterson, Pete Johnson, Jackie Wilson, Sam Cooke, Sam and Dave, Otis Redding..
8. Is there a quote that you live by?
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”- Oscar Wilde
9. Is there any song/lyric that particularly inspires you?
Ain’t it about time you realize? It’s not worth keepin’ score
You win some, you lose some and you let it go
What’s the use of stacking on every failure another stone
Till you find you’ve spent your whole damn life
Building walls, lonely and old before your time.
Old Before your time by Ray Lamontagne
10. What is your most prized possession?
11. What one person would you be most nervous/star struck to meet?
12. If you were only allowed to listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Any album by Otis Redding as he could sing anything and it would send shivers down my spine.
13. What album do you own that would completely ruin your indie credibility?
14. What is your pre-gig ritual?
15. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
The ability to grow hair back
16. If this were a confessional, what would you confess?
I hate Lesley Marie’s shoes, Matthew B’s jackets and Tom’s shirts…
17. What should fans expect at one of your shows?
A whole lot of dancing, good times and the occasional impression from Matthew B.
18. What is the craziest/most memorable reaction a fan has had to meeting you?
A female fan jumping on stage and sitting on my lap whilst doing a piano solo!
19. If you could tour with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
20. If you could say one thing to your fans, what would it be?
Tell your friends, families, pets, teachers, work colleagues and strangers to spread The Musgraves love!